Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Does Life Begin After College?

My question is simple, and I believe most college students would avidly answer "Yes."  Life begins after the degree is accomplished, and the school loans are paid off.  Life begins after the classroom is long-forgotten and the homework assignments long-since completed.
I disagree.  My life has begun now, and so has my writing career.  Yes, it is indeed a humble beginning, and one that will be slow to rise to a point of true writing success.  However, if the road does not begin now, when will it?  After my degree is accomplished and the school loans are bearing down? After the classroom is long-forgotten and the homework is long-since completed?  No, let that long road begin now, so that when those times come, I will be that much farther along.
The topics on this blog might vary.  They might present a series.  They might criticize a book or film I have read or seen.  They might comment on current events or issues.  Only time will tell. I am a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment